why are kissing gouramis called kissing gouramis ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LOL, I guess with any fish you just have to be careful with the stocking and such... See I had a dwarf gourami wiht my angels without any problems... until he passed away one day for unknown reasons.

Fish are full of personality, just like a human being. You might get that one tiger barb who will terrorize everything else in the tank, or one from the same tank who just chills out and doesn't bother a soul. Pretty cool.

IME, kissing gouramis aren't the most agressive of the gouramis, but as you can see, everyones opinion is different. Best of luck. :)

As DT said.. There isnt hard and fast rules about alot of fish species as far as aggresion is conserned.
IMO.. you could have the same problems with your angelfish or your rainbow shark.. sometimes there more arresive then they should be and sometimes there less.. its just a luck of the draw thing..

greenmaji said:
As DT said.. There isnt hard and fast rules about alot of fish species as far as aggresion is conserned.
IMO.. you could have the same problems with your angelfish or your rainbow shark.. sometimes there more arresive then they should be and sometimes there less.. its just a luck of the draw thing..

My rainbow shark is one of THE most peaceful fish I have ever had... he lives in a half log and comes out to graze and eat.. LOL. I love him.

Back
Top Bottom