Why do dome fish fade?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shane87

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi, I just wondered why some of my fish's colour has faded and other fish of the same species have really bright colours, my clown loaches, pictus and coridoras adolfoi are the most noticeable, they are all in perfect health so I'm not worried about it being sickness it's just strange.

some just doo like peoples skin comes in many colours i breed hongi cichlids sold 4 from my last batch for $25 each they had the most colour and the the rest of the batch i only go $15 each so always buy bright.

But with saying this males always have much more colour and patteren hope this helps you out what breed of fish are the

Oh and it also can be a dominece thing think thats how ya spell it but iv herd fish on the bad end of the line wont have asmuch colour so they dont draw unwanted attention

Ok thanks :) I was thinking it was something like that, the clown loach that is most faded is the biggest so not sure about dominance but he is a big coward so it wouldn't surprise me lol and the pictus are always having little battles over dominance so that would def explain that.

But this 1 has always been duller than the other 2 i got at the same time so I think it must just be like that.

Back
Top Bottom