Why does my panda cory swim up and down the side of the tank all the time?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrvincent

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi, just want to know why there's always one of my 9 corys that swim up and down and all over the tank ?

Actually I have group of : 5 Lampeye Killies, 7 Neons tetra, 8 Cardinals tetras, 9 corys panda, 10+ shrimps

Parameters:
Temp: 24-26
GH:5
KH:5
PH 6.7-7.1 (Injecting CO2)
NH3+NH4: 0 ppm
NO2: 0 ppm
NO3: 10 ppm
PO4: 1ppm

That's a 29 gallon wide tank with high light heavy planted w/pressurized co2 system.

I don't think they hungry, I feed them genereously today... There's always one of my corys doing that, and for long time... 2 hours to 1 day...

I did a 50%WC, and they still doing that... Is it normal? Does anybody here have group of corys doing that ?

Keep an eye on it. Is it any plumper ? Could be a female trying to lead males into mating ?

Also watch your temps. Pandas are cool water Cories. 26c is almost 80f and too hot for Pandas long term AFAIK.

Planet Catfish has lots of good info on Pandas.

yea they do that alot..its like a mating dance or playing . all my cories do it from time to time . i have like 30 pandas and in the mornings when i wake up i find them dancing ( what i call it ) .

Last edited:
Ahh okok no worry then. For the temp I can't go lower because if my cardinals... They support well 24 C°, I can lower a bit my temp.

Back
Top Bottom