Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-07-2004, 04:38 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

As far as I know, and read the actinic blue does nothing for plant growth or algae growth. The only reason I use them is for color, I've always used them and never had a problem tell four months ago?

I don't now, I think I'm going to try to salvage some plants and start over again.
Is there anything ells I can do? I don't want to give up, but as each day passes it get worse exploentially!!!

Old 02-07-2004, 08:11 AM   #12

There have been a couple of reports on the APD of the actinic lights causing algae growth.
Old 02-08-2004, 07:33 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

APD? What's that. can you forward me the info?
Old 02-08-2004, 07:57 AM   #14

Aquatic Plants Digest
Old 02-11-2004, 12:55 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Send a message via AIM to XxRaWlDoGxX Send a message via MSN to XxRaWlDoGxX Send a message via Yahoo to XxRaWlDoGxX
I two had the dreaded issues with the bearded allege, I have a 150 gallon tank with two 150watt mH and a "250" watt PC. I also had a 60watt antic, it took about a week but that brearded allege stopped growing... I had to farm the rest out though.
From what i was able to gather about the antic light and the allege, the color spectrum was just what the allege needed and likes. my.02

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com