Why does this happen?!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stotts

Aquarium Advice Regular
My stupid filter! Why does this keep happening?! It's so annoying!
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1387389411.781873.jpg

what exactly are we looking at. Is it the sides keep coming up?

Hello Stotts...

The filter on the bottom is clogged, the water has nowhere to go and is pushing up the plastic frame. You need to clean the filter media more often or it will clog up with old plant material. If you're using the media that came with the filter, then drain off a little of the tank water and squeeze and rinse everything real well and put it back into the filter and top off the tank with some of your treated tap water.

B

Hello Stotts...

The filter on the bottom is clogged, the water has nowhere to go and is pushing up the plastic frame. You need to clean the filter media more often or it will clog up with old plant material. If you're using the media that came with the filter, then drain off a little of the tank water and squeeze and rinse everything real well and put it back into the filter and top off the tank with some of your treated tap water.

B

Okay that makes sense, that's a lot!

OT but is that an Aquaclear filter? I have one carted in Amazon for my 20 gal and think I've heard good things about them. Is it noisy?

I have three of them and they aren't particularly noisy.

Keeping the lid on it is a good idea, too, and may also help Stotts with his issue (unless it is popping up with the lid on).

OT but is that an Aquaclear filter? I have one carted in Amazon for my 20 gal and think I've heard good things about them. Is it noisy?

Nope! I love them, only problem is this but I cleaned the bottom sponge and it went back to normal!

I have three of them and they aren't particularly noisy.

Keeping the lid on it is a good idea, too, and may also help Stotts with his issue (unless it is popping up with the lid on).

Yeah it just popped off lol

Back
Top Bottom