Why dont they have a stock list section?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alex33

Aquarium Advice Regular
Think it would be cool if they had a stock list section for this site! What do you think?

That would be nice since their are a ton of questions asked about this everyday. We also need fish profiles if everyone uploaded a good pic and put all the info they know about that fish that would make a great article and very helpful to newbies and me ;)

Well this worked for inverts so let's do it again and see if we can get a section on stocking for freshwater with stickies like the second thread in my signature for basic tank sizes, fish sizes, requirements, etc! (sorry if I'm taking over the thread with this next bit and sorry I didn't post a link for the one thread but I'm on the app right now so I can't) So if you want a stocking section, post here!

As far stocking goes there isn't a section, however the profiles section does exist!

emerald76 said:
Well this worked for inverts so let's do it again and see if we can get a section on stocking for freshwater with stickies like the second thread in my signature for basic tank sizes, fish sizes, requirements, etc! (sorry if I'm taking over the thread with this next bit and sorry I didn't post a link for the one thread but I'm on the app right now so I can't) So if you want a stocking section, post here!

Alex33 is asking for a section of combinations of different fish per tank size I think. Like the question that's always asked " will these fish all go together in this size tank"

I said we need a really good profile section for each fish aswell

Andrew McFadden said:
Alex33 is asking for a section of combinations of different fish per tank size I think. Like the question that's always asked " will these fish all go together in this size tank"

I said we need a really good profile section for each fish aswell

I don't think we are understanding each other
What you mentioned is what I meant with a few other things besides

I have the phone app. I tryed to put things of that nature on my profile but couldn't, but it would be vary helpful I'm saying for everyone if there was a stocking list sec in your profile or something , I love this app.

This is not feasible. There are too many variables. They can certainly give species information with minimum tank size, number in school, general behavior i.e., aggressive, peaceful, etc. (which already exists in the profiles on the site), however, other than giving a very general "compatible with" section, you simply can't say which fish will go together. As each fishkeeper is unique, so are their tanks.

I agree w/LyndaB. There are to many variables to making a stocking section. In the profiles section most are posted with stocking suggestions. There's a understanding that goes along with all suggestions being made that it's done in the "overall consensus" of any given species. Nothing of compatibility issues is carved in stone.:)

I feel the stocking related questions should either go in FW - General or FW - Getting Started sections. There are far too many variables to consider when selecting fish. A lot of them people don't even think about. For example, compatible water parameters (ph, gh, etc), even down to intensity of lighting. You could not simply make a go-to resource for every stocking question, that is why a discussion is encouraged in the forums listed above.

Not to mention that it is far to specific of a topic to warrant its own subforum. If anything it should, in my opinion, be relegated to Getting Started.

Andrew McFadden said:
That would be nice since their are a ton of questions asked about this everyday. We also need fish profiles if everyone uploaded a good pic and put all the info they know about that fish that would make a great article and very helpful to newbies and me ;)
We already have sections for fish, plant and coral profiles.
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f29/
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f28/

Alex33 said:
I have the phone app. I tryed to put things of that nature on my profile but couldn't, but it would be vary helpful I'm saying for everyone if there was a stocking list sec in your profile or something , I love this app.

There is. This site isn't just an app. But a whole forum with articles and a chat room. You can edit your profile (that shows in the app also) through your userCP on the main site. The app is just an accessory to the main site.

Back
Top Bottom