Why is it bad to do a 100% change ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
biofilm is not caused by water changes. and i will edit my post to read helpful rather than fine. and water changes are very logical

Way to intentionally misinterpret what I just said. Water changes are helpful, and are logical. Multiple 75% water changes to remove ammonia aren't necessary or logical when you have a bottle of prime.

And that's correct lol, biofilm is not caused by water changes.

Way to intentionally misinterpret what I just said. Water changes are helpful, and are logical. Multiple 75% water changes to remove ammonia aren't necessary or logical when you have a bottle of prime.

And that's correct lol, biofilm is not caused by water changes.

Is prime ok for my Fish .. I really hate putting any Chems in my water ... Also do you happen to know it is ok for reptiles? (other tank) .

i didnt intentionally misinterpret what you said. and IMO,getting the ammonia out is better than temperarily neutrilizing it and hoping the biofilter deals with it

Is prime ok for my Fish .. I really hate putting any Chems in my water ... Also do you happen to know it is ok for reptiles? (other tank) .

Yes, prime is safe for fish for sure. People have often double and triple dosed their tanks(myself included) with absolutely no problems. I'm not sure about reptiles.

prime is 100% safe,as long as you dont way overdose. dosing up to 5x more than is needed is fine

i didnt intentionally misinterpret what you said. and IMO,getting the ammonia out is better than temperarily neutrilizing it and hoping the biofilter deals with it

No one is hoping the biofilter handles it. You can do another water change the next day IF you did a 75% water change and you still have toxic ammonia.

No one is hoping the biofilter handles it. You can do another water change the next day IF you did a 75% water change and you still have toxic ammonia.
why wouldnt you just do both of them back to back? youd have the stuff out anyways.its not like there hard to do,and if youve got a python,there downright easy(no python for me,just carrying lots of buckets)

why wouldnt you just do both of them back to back? youd have the stuff out anyways.its not like there hard to do,and if youve got a python,there downright easy(no python for me,just carrying lots of buckets)

The point is it simply isn't needed. And is no better than the simple alternative I offered.

I agree with roundar about the Prime thing. Everyone touts Prime here as the best water conditioner, let it do it's job. If we aren't using it to neutralize ammonia (for 24h anyway), then why not just use a cheaper form of dechlorinator? There are plenty out there that are way cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom