Why is my of my rainbow sharks skinny and not moving

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

anthony96

Aquarium Advice Regular
Why is my of my rainbow sharks skinny and not moving he only swims when other fish hit him.
HELP

parameters? sounds like ammonia burns or nitrite poisoning. id test right away and come back with an answer.

one of your rainbow sharks is skinny? how many do you have?how big is your tank?

allaboutfish said:
parameters? sounds like ammonia burns or nitrite poisoning. id test right away and come back with an answer.

How do I test that

From your previous posts, I believe you have 2 of those with other fish in a 125 liter tank? It's probably a water quality issue stressing your fish out and making them ill. This stems from not having a large enough environment to support your fish.

Thanks for your help but I done a water change and the r all good now so yer

anthony96 said:
Thanks for your help but I done a water change and the r all good now so yer

You're welcome. Try to do a 15-20% water change everyday or every other day until they seem extra healthy and make sure to use water conditioner. Fish need clean water like we need clean air. I know I wouldn't like to live in a tiny box full of smog, smoke and pollutants. Good luck :)

Yer thanks. is there something I can use for nitrate poisoning just incase the fish has it

Just lots of clean water to keep your nitrate levels down. You can buys test kits to check your levels or most pet stores will test the water for you.

Back
Top Bottom