Why is my ph high?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well here's something interesting - the JBL substrate Im using is supposed to be inert, however Ive tested some of the substrate from the bag using a container with RO water about 5.5pH - and after a couple of days the pH has risen to 6.8, I imagine it would continue to rise, if I find that it reaches 7.2 and stays, I may have my answer

Good news!?

I did wonder but this seemed to have cropped up in last few months? Wondering if you did a large gravel clean or something then?

Yeah it has.. I mean thats something I just dont get, its only happened in the last few months even though the new substrate is giving me these results.. Something mustve been buffering it but has now stopped for some reason, very weird..once ive figured it out im going to just use the active substrate I use in the others

I think a link to find it online. I was curious if it lists what it is made of and just to learn more on substrates in general.

Back
Top Bottom