why is there white bubbles inside my wet/dry?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kagentx

Aquarium Advice Activist
hi, i have a 55 gallon goldfish tank. An amiracle wet/dry filter SL150. There's always bubbles around the media where the bacterias are suppose to be colonized. Does this affect them? Why is there white bubbles in there and how do i get rid of them?

i dont really know much about them but do you think they might be eggs??

if its like oxygen bubbles the bacteria needs that so yea but if its not have you tried like getting something to pop em?

maybe their like snail eggs

i really doubt that they are snails, they seem just like regular bubbles you would have in a bubble bath. I don't understand why they are there though, i have no soap ingridients in there.

Are they causing problems, or you just don't like the way they look?

I don't know much about those particular filters, but if you water parameters are ok, I'm not sure there is really much of a problem.

I haven't used my wet/dry in along time, but as I recall, there were always a crtain amount of bubbles in the media chamber. As long as my water was ok, and fish were doing well, I didn't worry about that.

yea they are fine, its just that the bubbles covers all of the media! and the don't go away. The bubbles don't even go away if you pick them up! that's how bad it is. Its been like this for a long time, i just want to get rid of it. Yea i think there's alot of water splashing but it shouldn't create bubbles that are like this

Norm bubble indicate the water is towards alkaline (high pH) and soft water.

Can we have the pH and water hardness value?

Generally if the fish is ok and the water para is within the range then it should be ok. Probabily the internal flow of filter cause the bubble....

Back
Top Bottom