why is this happening in my tank??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smarriott

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i have a ten gallon planted tank with sand as substrate. it houses 1 emarald cory cat, 2 red wag platys, and 1 male crown tail betta. i do a 20% water change every weekend, feed just a pinch 2 times a day, turn the light off at night, and have a bubble wall, filter and heater running. i cleaned all the bubbles off at 9:30 this morning but by 6:30 this is what it looks like.

Attachments

• 20121022_184229.jpg
    20121022_184229.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 67
  • 20121022_184244.jpg
    20121022_184244.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 61
really? he is a busy little dude!!! he covers the tank daily!!

I have a 30G with similar fish in there. I also have a bubbler but I turn the lights on at night ( when I am home to enjoy it when I feed) I only feed once per day and do 20-30% water changes as well every week/maybe every other. I have this bubbling at the top as well, I do not now what causes this so I will definitly be following. I noticed when I turned my bubbler wall off, the bubbles stop at the top, maybe this is normal and this is the cause. IDK

really? he is a busy little dude!!! he covers the tank daily!!

I just finish my Bettas cleaning and with in an hr he has already started a new nest. It may not be that but it would be my guess. Looks like a bubble nest anyways to me.

Back
Top Bottom