Why me....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
;) Because Idaho is close to the Valley. A lot of St. Maries people used to come here for the hydroplane races we used to have. I think they still have them, just not on Down River Days. :)

Oh ok yeah I grew up round there but unfortunately I'm in Cali now :)

Cali is expensive, its a great place to live, great climate but the price is eye popping. I moved from san diego in 94, took us 3 years to sell the house(3bd 2 ba in chula vista) for asking price, we rented it to the buyers for those 3 years at 3100 bucks a month, that was in 1992-1995.

Id rather live in the pac NW then socal again.

Im suprised the BGK is still small and timid. He shoulda come around by now.

He will be in there, as soon as I am SURE there is no more silicone junk in there. I am petrified to put him in there. :(

I must be behind on the story, was there a leak in his tank or something?

its been a few days, and a pwc or two right? fresh carbon will help as well.

I thought he was still small, my bad yo.

dk guess what.....I got the new discus tank up and running tonight, its purty Ill get pics in the morning, dont have any after I set it up yet, no fish yet and ordered the plant package tonight, its gonna be purty.

Did you remove the stuff you silicon'd yet? it wont cure wet....and will always release the baddies. I am sure you yanked it though.

Well that stinks. I would let it set for a whole week to cure atleast before putting it in. But that is just so i know that it is safe.

Ok, well I did this about 2 weeks ago, did an immediate 50% water change, put new filter (carbon) in, and last weekend I drained almost ALL of the water in it. I pulled the "art project" out right after I figured out that's what was happening (about 1 minute later, after I noticed they were sick). You guys think it's safe to put Elvis and Willow back in there now? I am throwing that stupid "art proj proj" in the trash, it's not going in the tank lol. EVER.

Devil~ When you gettin the fish? :D

Ok, well I did this about 2 weeks ago, did an immediate 50% water change, put new filter (carbon) in, and last weekend I drained almost ALL of the water in it. I pulled the "art project" out right after I figured out that's what was happening (about 1 minute later, after I noticed they were sick). You guys think it's safe to put Elvis and Willow back in there now? I am throwing that stupid "art proj proj" in the trash, it's not going in the tank lol. EVER.

Devil~ When you gettin the fish? :D

some time off still,mate.

Id take that project out and do another one, let air cure for 24 solid hours then it will be fine to go in.

I made a PVC tunnel for my buddy's RTS and used ge-1 on it to secure the chunk rock to so it blends into the gravel, 24 hour solid cure his tank is perfect.

Patience is a virtue in this game ive noticed, its taken me 2 weeks just to get substrate and water in my discus tank, itll be another 8-12 weeks before the fish are introduced to the tank.

I got a christening for my new nephew in less then 2 hours, when I get back from that shindig ill post pics.
ill show ya the plant package I got too and the chunk of wood for it.

its gonna be awesome.

here is a pic from a few days ago

2ly4kch.jpg

its got a nice sump under the tank and a CPR overflow box on the back, suprisingly the 950 gph pump isnt really creating a massive current, my thermometer barely moves around in there just a natural water sway.

Im stoked this is a fun build.
got a new t-5 HO twin 39w 36" fixture last night for it. blows the t-10s clear out of the water.

The project has been out for almost 2 weeks. I am afraid to drain the water all out because of the MTS...I tried catching them, but that was NOT fun...

Tanks lookin good! :D

The project has been out for almost 2 weeks. I am afraid to drain the water all out because of the MTS...I tried catching them, but that was NOT fun...

Tanks lookin good! :D

as long as they stay damp then they are fine. I got some in a bucket of sand from the guppy tank and they have maybe 1/4" of water on the surface of the sand and they are doing very well.

I caught all mine but it required a big fish net to get the sand out and keep the snails in.

I got 6 assassins now for my big tank, sucks cause tehre are thousands of MTS in there but darn near impossible to harvest.

easy use a net to get the snails out of the sand too.

but if you get a bigger net, not like gigantor but a good size fish tank net that has decent holes, youll get all your snails, and when you air dry it and spread it out thin youll get the snails. to be honest, the ones you cant get will be replaced soon, lol. I got 6 assassins, they wont hardly make a dent but are neat to watch and are at a 6:1000 ratio right now and they multiple slowly so its not looking good for them, or is it lol.

I stripped my guppy tank and did eco complete to it, about 80 pounds maybe 100.(came with a tank) and the snails I got rid of during that process and the sale of them, I got 100 left. I sent out 15 shipments at 100-150 a piece.

It was a mistake you made, just learn and role with the punches. I am gonna start my custom background here soon and i honestly expect to take out a fish or 2 while doing this.

I think she is talking about the snails now.

DK, youd be suprised what they can live in and thru. Just do the net trick, it works well, I found over 1500 in my sand alone. had over 1000 in the open before I got to the sand, none died. I just take the water down to an inch or so above the sand and scoop away, then add a few more inches and scoop again, by that time they should all be out.

Back
Top Bottom