why my BF says i have "fish-ues"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
betta

Gosh, I must be really lucky!! My g/f does not mind my looking at bigger tanks or other women. Sometimes she even 'scores' them with me. Both, that is. BUT ...... When she spots a woman watching me, she fails to mention it till they are out of sight. After posessively taking my arm, green eyes flashing at the 'other' woman. Of course she always says it was some gorgeous, young thing with a set of corvette keys in her hand. Hmmmmm. Think she might be fibbing? Just a little?

I call my fiance the crazy cat lady. We have a pre-set limit of 2 cats in the house, and that's only because she already has two... otherwise it would be 1.

Anyways, I don't get on her case too bad about it since I have my addiction (darn fish) as well. I think I'm allowed to have 2 big tanks (though I'll probably stick with just one), but no more than that.

fisures

Sorry, FishyPeanut. :cry: Hey, a thought!! Maybe, just maybe if you talk a tiny bit of old seeded filter media ........ and slipped it into his food! Maybe seed HIM!!!! Could make an aquarium lover out of him yet!! Or send him to the bathrom for a spell. I'm guessing the risk is worth it. What do you think?? BTW, for reasons of liability and possible littigation ....... you never heard of me. Yes?? :D

Mark - your post had me roaring !

And yeah, I want that double square coffee table - the BIG one - I think its 130 gallons ! Now would that be the COOLEST cichlid tank in the world or what ????

I am the aquarist in the fam, however, the wife is all the "other" creature's lover. So far I have 1 75 gallon (which she loves), and "we" have 3 turtles, 2 cats, and a dog as well. I am out numbered!

Well i got a partner that works in a fish shop.... and loves pets of every description.
@ the moment we have a 240gal FW, 120gal FW, 90gal FW, 55gal SW, 55gal FW, 15gal SW, 5 Ferrets and a dog. Thats after selling a 90gal, 30gal, 10gal and 7 ferret babies. 8O

Not to mention that it wont be long before the galah called pinky from her work comes home under the shirt and migically apears on the ride home!
Most of the fish addiction is mine. :D

OMG this post is to funny. My wife says she didn't loss her man to another woman but to fish. She says " I hate fish." All the time. But right beside her chair where she sets is 75g planted tank and she's always whatching it and even saying " Well the kribs have spawned again. I wonder how many babys I'll get this time and I wish my mickey mouse platys would have babys." Then she'll tell me "it's time to do a PWC i can't see all the way throw good." Yea she hates fish. NOT.
I guess if she does it's my fault. We only have 24tanks ranging from 120g to 10g. That dosn't count the 20 2.5g betta tanks either. Or the grow out tanks for betta fry.
But then that also doesn't count the other pets we have
2 indoor cats/4 outside cats
4 dogs
1 turtul dove
1 flop eared rabbit
1 chainchilla and two babys
1 igranna lizard
1 cron snake
2 pytons

She's always saying she needs farm tags on the pickup cause it always has some kind fed in it. LOL I wonder if there's a site for wife ,husbands,BFs,GFs of fishaholics to chat about how much they dislike the hobbie. I can sign her up. The only reason she put up with the fish is because of me and the kids love to fed and change water and even set on the floor and whatch it together all the time. My tanks are on more then my TV's.
I'm the same way when we go to the LFS I have to swing by the tanks to see if there's something new I have to have.

Weasel F., that's wonderful that the kids watch the fish more than TV. I think they are more entertaining as well.

I thank so to, my mother-in-law just don't understand why it is that my kids will whatch a fish tank for hrs. But wont whatchs TV for a hr are so at a time, i tell her the TVs not alive and doesn't play and chase it's self like the fish do. But when she comes over what's she do? You guessed it set's in my wifes chair and just whatchs the fish for a couple of hrs then goes home and calls back and says "She had fun we need to do that again." But while she's here hardly says a word but looks at the tank.
Now if I'd have know that's all it takes to keep her mouth shut. I'd have moved the tank into the living room 13yrs ago.

Back
Top Bottom