Wierd fish death...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheCrazyFishLady

Aquarium Advice Addict
So, I went to do a small water change this morning due to one of my fish getting sucked into the filter and the water got a tad cloudy. The strainer somehow fell off and a poor fish was sucked in...
Anyway, I go to do the water change and I notice that on my floating lotus/lily pad there is laying one of my danios. He was already dead. I have never seen this situation before and I never really pinned danios for jumping out of the water. No idea how he got there or what incentive there was to be up there. So, out of my original four, there is one left.

First death: got stuck inside of one of my glass decorations and struggled to death? I guess...
Second death: lodged himself into a plastic plant and probably also struggled to death
Third death: leapt on to the floating flower and had no water
Forth death: I guess he will die in an odd way also...

That stinks :(

My danios are the most active fish in my tank..always busy! I originally had 5 but one of mine was a jumper as well. I made the mistake of putting them in a shallow bucket when I was moving substrate during a tank upgrade and one of my males jumped ship.. Learned my lesson the hard way.. :(

That stinks :(

My danios are the most active fish in my tank..always busy! I originally had 5 but one of mine was a jumper as well. I made the mistake of putting them in a shallow bucket when I was moving substrate during a tank upgrade and one of my males jumped ship.. Learned my lesson the hard way.. :(

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that. I loved my danios. Cute and active.

haha. Yea, I had mine living with some goldfish for awhile, so they were VERY quick to the food. But, I'm glad to hear that it wasn't some fluke accident of the jump.

Back
Top Bottom