Wierd growth identify!?!?!??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mashpotatoes74402

Aquarium Advice Freak
This tank was purchased used from a guy who had turtles in it. Tank has been up and running for over a month .... Just noticed 3 of these GROWTHS around the rim dunno how I missed them before

Oh and it's currently a freshwater tank
1 small Oscar 3 silver dollars md. 6 mystery snails

Here's the GROOOOWTH

image-2934314941.jpg

The 3 objects are all up top In dry areas. Even when the guy had turtles he said those areas were humid but not wet. It's l

Mashpotatoes74402 said:
How do I get them to hatch? And should I let them?

To get them to hatch do not let them touch the water it'll kill em you have to leave it where it is and it must be humid theyll hatch and go in the water on their own
Well you said it was 3 batches? That's hundreds of eggs you could get a snail infestation they'll keep reproducing

Hmmm well I'll scrape to off into the water my oscar seems to think they're tasty :D. And I'll leave the third?

I'd say leave 1 and scrape off two. Then I'd get a breeders NET to hang under the eggs, so it will catch the baby's if you don't want them in your tank.

Edit: the eggs hatch in about 30 days

Mashpotatoes74402 said:
Hmmm well I'll scrape to off into the water my oscar seems to think they're tasty :D. And I'll leave the third?

Well you have an Oscar I'm guessing it's a pretty big tank so it's personal preference if you don't mind quite a few snails

Do I have to have the breeding net? Or can I just let em.... Ya know.... Fall into the water ? And get eaten or survive haha. I don't care much either way.

I scraped off 2 1/2 of the egg batches. Left half of one.... Looks like maybe 25-35 eggs left. If half survive that's ok if none survive that's ok too

Ok, I'm going to warn you if you have a breeding pair ( probably do) then you'll have tons more baby's on the way

I'm actually trying to breed them in my 10 gallon nursery. They keep it cycled and clean too.

Look at the eggs in two weeks and if you hold a light up to them and don't see anything inside them, they aren't fertilized. You should be able to see dark spots in them. I let mine sit for three weeks and never saw anything so I let them sit another two weeks then threw them out.

I read that the eggs should be misted with water if they look dry???? Any comments on that????

Of you leave the top of the tank down then they will be in humidity, leave it down( opening to feed only) they will probably hatch.

I've got the whole tank cover except for the back. There's about a 2 inch strip all the way Down for plumbing. I didn't wanna cut the glass

That should be ok, you'll eventually have to cover it up so the baby snails don't fall out, die and stink up the room. That would be bad lol.

Back
Top Bottom