Wild Angels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mopedman

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have recently been looking at angels and I am wanting somebody to explain to me what the wild blood thing is all about? Pretty much what ever you could tell me about angels would be great. I plant to replace my Jack Dempseys in my 55gal. with maybe 6 angels. thanks

angels are egg layers and great parents, they protect the eggs and fry for up to 10 weeks
they are an easy care breed that just is a stunning fish, i breed them, they eat flake and at night when the light is out they sleep slightly on their side

if i can give you a hand give me a shout

I am looking to get a breed that isn't so common as to be found in most pet shops but something that isn't going to be $100 for two fish either, any suggestions?

true altums are they way to go, i am in Australia and they are rare here, they have what looks like a beak, for a mouth, they are silver with black lines and can lose colour when they like, i currently have 6 and am pairing them up to breed here, if you are looking for an angel to breed they are the way to go

Breeders bring in wild caught fish to keep their mutant fish offspring healthy. The weirder the changes from line breeding (Like koi or long fins) the more often you get fish that are weak, sterile or just plain dumb. So they bring in a generation of wild caught fish to breed with the mutants, producing stronger mutants.

Back
Top Bottom