Wild caught fish feeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishobsessed7

Aquarium Advice Addict
This summer I plan on catching minnows. I want to know what to feed them. I already have a few but don't know what kind the are. I fed them flakes and sinking pellets but they are not interested. Any suggestions?

Fishobsessed7

I know everyone likes pics...ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415758366.348434.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415758397.820325.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415758424.410428.jpgsorry they're the best I can get:(

Fishobsessed7

This summer I plan on catching minnows. I want to know what to feed them. I already have a few but don't know what kind the are. I fed them flakes and sinking pellets but they are not interested. Any suggestions?

Fishobsessed7
Ive kept wild caught bass and perch from a small size for more than 5+ years. the bass and perch i would feed earth worms and blood worms. They seem to only eat things that move i guess since their instinct is still so strong since they are from a lake. They would sometimes eat flaked food, but very rarely.

I think you'll have to feed live foods to these guys. They may be willing to eat frozen, but they grew up catching and eating live things, so they don't know flakes are food. Some wild fish never learn to eat man made anything. Black worms, earth worms, and likely small insects will work. Maybe fruit flies,, there are flightless types you can buy or culture.

The second doesn't look like a madtom. The tail fin gives it away.

Sent from Peabody's rabbit hole.

Ok I think that they're baby bullheads.

I'm gonna try frozen because the store near me doesn't have live and it's the only store for a ways.
Anyone know what the minnow is?

Fishobsessed7

The minnow is some type of dace or sucker, but it's hard to say which without better pics

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom