Will A Aquaclear 110 Fit Over A 6 Inch Brace?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

F1SHMAN

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So all around my fishtank the brace is 6 inches but I have cutouts in all the corners of my fishtank which is 6x6 so the intake could go in there please help I'm dying to know THANKS

I did a Google search on "Aquaclear 110 dimensions" and found this: http://faq.hagencrm.com/details.asp?kbfaqid=22594&en
Confirmed the dimensions of my AC50 against the numbers listed in the chart. The value listed for width is actually front to back. Length is how much tank rim it occupies in inches.
For a 6" opening, you can fit an AC20 or AC30. AC50s are 7" wide, AC70s are 8.25" wide, and AC110s are 13.5" wide.
What size tank are you talking about? Perhaps a canister will be more suitable for your needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You be best with a canister filter is the tank is larger than 20 gallons.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ok so you're saying it will fit? I have a canister a Eheim 2217 I did have 2 but 1 blew up recently and I have had them since I have started the hobby so I just wanna give the Aquaclears a go, So it will be my first time using a HOB. Thanks Guys

Ok so you're saying it will fit? I have a canister a Eheim 2217 I did have 2 but 1 blew up recently and I have had them since I have started the hobby so I just wanna give the Aquaclears a go, So it will be my first time using a HOB. Thanks Guys

No, the AC110 will not fit. Only the AC20 and AC30 will.
What is the size of the tank? Is it a hex?

It's a 55 gallon and it's not a hex, that sucks I was hoping I could just place the filter to the side and have the intake in the cutout :(

So I couldn't do that? Would the filter not hold on or lineup properly or something? Thanks for the help so far!

Can you post a pic of the top of the tank with the cut outs and braces?

There is that a good enough pic?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Even though you might be able to mount the filter in such a way that the intake is in the open corner gap, with the AC110 the water is returned to the tank via a 10" waterfall. Based on the picture, the water would have no where to go except on top of glass lid.

Oh crap :( so there is there nothing I could do then? Thanks for all your help btw dude means a lot

I just thought would it mount on properly to the fishtank? Because if so I could just make like a DIY waterfall or something to help the water over the glass and all would be well. The worst thing about this and why I'm asking so many questions is I really want one but I have to order online since all the fish shops near me only go up to a Aquaclear 70 and that alone is like $50 more then the Aquaclear 110. Thanks again

Get a canister. It will be perfect.
Eheim or fluval filters and your tank will be crystal clear.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have one already but I REALLY REALLY wanted 2 aquaclear 110s in my tank along with my Eheim 2217, can someone answer if it would fit over the "lip" of the fishtank and could I adjust it so it doesn't hit the glass if I can't I will finally accept the fact and get another Eheim 2217 please answer.

I don't think it an going to work at all. I have several AQ of various sizes. They have to be level too and there is a little thing on the bottom that holds the filter box away from the tank so it's level. Fluval 206 if you want to try Hagen. $110 ( Hagen/Fluval same company) I'd take fluval cannister over Eheim any day and I've had both.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom