will Angelfish fertilize eggs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tarpon

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I got a new angel. Now I have 2. My other one has lain eggs before and my question is if the new one is a male and the other lays eggs will the new one fertilize them? The new one is bigger than the "old" one.

I think he would if it is a he by the way good choice. My LFS always tells me if you cant tell sexs get 1 big nd 1 small better chance

Haha well this one was just absolutely beautiful. I had to get it. And it was the only sexually mature one they had left.

Here he(hopefully) is!

He is biiig. His body is pretty much baseball size!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110904_211049.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110904_211049.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 100
  • ForumRunner_20110904_211143.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110904_211143.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 83
I think it is a boy. VERY slight hump on his head. But that my opinion

Thanks! You should see it in person, its even better. That was my phone camera so its not that good. Even if it's not a boy at least I got a veryy nice looking fish.

Haha you're giving me advice and then you're asking that?? And 30 gallon minimum. That's what I have. Id feel better about putting them in a 40 tho.

Yea lol i was curious iv always wanted angels but never new tank sizes fore them

Btw Tarpon where do your Angels generally lay eggs? I have 2 Angels and have had them for about 4 mths and I thought I had a male and female but have never seen any eggs.

Mine lay eggs on the sword plants also. It's nice because I can just cut the leaf off and take it. In my bowfront there wasn't any structure near the top where they were hanging out so a pair ended up laying them on the tank wall.

My pair lay on the filter pipe but generally they like a flat surface. Not too sure it's a boy. When she starts laying her pink papilla will drop, his will as well but should be a lot smaller, indicating it's a boy. Best of luck

Back
Top Bottom