Will GloTetras and Lemon Tetras school together?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LizG

Aquarium Advice Regular
New 55g tank, week 2 of cycling. Time to trim down the list of fish I want to bring home!

We already have a lemon tetra, a platy, and an oto, temporarily in a small tank (we've had the for a few months). We need friends for them, and tank mates that will live peacefully together in the 55g. In the list, so far: rummy nose, Pearl Gourami, Amano shrimp, and a nerite snail.

My question is, if I add GloTetras, will they school with my Lemon? Or do I have to get a school of each type?

GloTetras as genetically modified black tetras, so they won't school with lemon tetras.

You should bulk up your schools. Otos need to be kept in schools too.

55 gallon is a nice size for schools of small fish. I keep schools of neons, rummy noses, harlequins in my 90 gallon. Rummy noses stay in bottom third of tank, neons in the middle, and harlequins in the upper third. I also have 4 emperor tetras which don't really school but are beautiful.

Ok. I can get 5 more lemons, and a school of something else. And yes, I planed on getting friends for oto too.

Will the platy be a problem with the others? She gets along very well with oto and lemon in the 5g....

As far as schooling fish go, same breed doesn't mean they will school together.

my new cardinal tetras will not school with the old ones...

Interesting. So, even if I get 5 lemons, my poor one might still be hanging by her/himself...... (I can't tell if it's a she or a he)

IMG_2676.jpg

Your solo lemon will 96% school up with added lemons. Especially if there are larger fish present. Do it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom