Will it work?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

squealor

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 5 gallon Hex that I was thinking of bringing in to my work to put on my desk (so I can enjoy my fish at work, too!!)... I need something that wouldn't require care over weekends and was thinking of bringing in some of my baby/young guppies. If they start multiplying, I can bring some home for my bigger tanks so as to not overcrowd. Do you think this will work, or should I think of something else for the 5g?

There is a lady at work that has a 5 gal tank on her workbench and she has just a single Betta inside. She has the whole setup on an electrical timer and she's there everyday, except weekends, to take care of it. I don't see why it wouldn't work for you... even with the guppies. (That is as long as it's ok with who you work for)

Most fish do fine periodically missing a few days of food, although I'm not sure how much stress it would cause on a weekly basis. You could always set up one of the timed vacation feeders to cover the weekend if you were worried about it.

The timer for the lights...well, personally I feel like that's a necessity for any tank I set up, especially planted.

You could go for something unusual and just get a couple of cherry/fire shrimp for it. I've always loved to watch crustaceans move. I think it's under the recommended size for a figure 8 puffer in brackish water, unfortunately...but someone with more experience might be able to chime in about that.

Back
Top Bottom