Will my moss grow/spread?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquasamurai

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I don't have a Co2 diffuser, but will my moss spread at one point? How long will it take? Thanks!!

Attachments

• image-2012719492.jpg
    image-2012719492.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 89
Yes it will grow. What kind of moss is it? Some mosses kinda go out in every direction so it doesn't just creep along the substrate unless you train it to by adhering it or holding it down.

Thanks for your response. I don't know its name, but it's one of the most generic one I believe. I took a picture of it so please have a look.

Attachments

• image-4097082949.jpg
    image-4097082949.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 75
Could be Christmas moss... though ive never seen it on a mat like that before...

And YES!!!! it will grow... and grow and grow.... i cant get rid of mine!

Haha I just googled it up and it indeed does seem like a christmas moss. And I'm so happy to know it'll grow. I add this fertilizer for planted tanks in daily basis but some of my moss is turning brown. Is the light too strong/weak?

I have an LED light and it seems bright but I'm not sure of actual watts. Gotta check the box.

How long do you think it'll take for these three moss to spread all over the tankbed?

Back
Top Bottom