Will tetras school together

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

littlebitlarisa

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have 5 of what I thought was lemon tetras. However after looking closer none of them have red eyes. They look closer to the x-ray pricilla tetras. I had added a group of lemon tetras before I realized they were not the same. Is it normal for them to school together? Are they closely related? Body shape is the same only differences I can see is the original ones are way more yellow than the new ones and the original do not have red eyes.

Thanks!

They should shoal together or hang out, but I am not so sure about schooling. IMO once they mature, the pristellas will not look the same as the lemons.

Sometimes if they are comfortable they will not school. You need something to keep them together. I have 1 molly that keeps mine together.

Thank you! They all seem to hang out together. They are in a tank with 2 angels so they kinda group together when the angels feel like being bold. They are cute, I just wish the new ones had more yellow like the old.

Back
Top Bottom