Will these fish get along?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Laser

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a tank with 8 cardinal tetras and 2 bronze cory catfish. I used to have a pair of dwarf gouramis in with them and while they were in there the tetras were always out and about, not afraid of anything and not schooling. Now that I have removed the dwarf gouramis they hide a lot especially if I move towards the tank. I have two male guppies in another tank I could afford to put in there but I was wondering about a few things. Will the guppies get along with the cardinals? Should I do a male and a female or would it make a difference?

The guppys will get along fine with the neons. A male and female would be fine, though two females might be better. The cardinals may not think it is safe to come out anymore since they dont see any other fish swimming in the open. Guppys are worth a try.

Well, a couple hours have passed and so far so good, the tetras are out and about again and the guppies are trying to get it on.

What size tank is it? Your cories would appreciate a bigger group. If the tank is more than 10g, I would add 4 more cories.

Back
Top Bottom