Will these tankmates work?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am going to add a note about the kuhlis, you will be fine with 4 or 5 of them as long as you have places for them to hide. I got 4, and I see them all everyday. Now, I have 5 and I still see them everyday. If you give them caves and plants and such to hide in, they won't feel the need to hide away under the gravel. :)

For a couple years now, and I have a huge hollow castle that takes up almost half the tank and I could also dig little caves in the gravel, would that be enough?

If not what else can I do to solve the problem?An should I take the Boesemanis back? Because our lfs takes fish back in the first day of buying it...

So I took them back, and I mean the loaches hiding problem, do you think a massive hollow castle and a couple little ornaments enough?

Ok, yes, a few hiding places is enough. They like to be together, so they usually all pile into the same cave or two. Mine have a couple options, but usually choose one small hollow log, or else piled up in my Amazon sword plant. I am sure the castle is fine for them. :)

Alright, Theres a gaping hole in the side of the castle so I could see them when there hiding!!!

Aq advisor doesn't take into account your tank space. According to it I can house 56 WCMM in my 20 gallon given my size of a filter.... Not a very good site.

No it actually gives 2 readings : one for filter capacity and one for tank space. I think you are just reading the first.

I just tested 56 WCMM in 20 gallons, and it says overstocked (138%) with a big warning in red (but ok on filtration).

I have a dozen kuhlis. The more the merrier with them and, as mentioned, the more you have, the more kuhli antics you'll be able to observe. Mine have a couple pieces of driftwood with caves beneath. Kuhlis have a very small bioload so you could fit more in your tank. I'd go with at least 6 for you.

As for AqAdvisor..... blech! I don't trust that site as far as I can throw it.

Just throwing this out there just in case.....Is this a new tank? If so you may want to read up on cycling before you add fish. There's a link in my signature: "new empty tank." :)

Just throwing this out there just in case.....Is this a new tank? If so you may want to read up on cycling before you add fish. There's a link in my signature: "new empty tank." :)

In the process of cycling...

No it actually gives 2 readings : one for filter capacity and one for tank space. I think you are just reading the first.

I just tested 56 WCMM in 20 gallons, and it says overstocked (138%) with a big warning in red (but ok on filtration).

I run a fluval 305 on a 20 gallon. And I looke again it's 36...That's still what? Three times as many as I'd every put in a 20 gallon? It takes filtration into account more than tank space.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom