Will they live? update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

imrandome1

Aquarium Advice Freak
woooo im back!!! (sorry lol) Okay so im getting some fish 2moz, angel fish, pleco, and perhaps fancy guppies but as you may now im not to happy about my lfs so i found one that is as close to me as possible nut the time it takes to get from there back to my house is 45min-60min (as yes its the closes one possible) will they be okay in the bag that long? or ...... and will i need to leave the bag in the tank for some extra time? or is there anything i need to do on the trip btw im going with my dad so i can help them ?? Any help would be fantastic thanks in advance

Ask the store to put only 2 fish in each bag and to put them in the biggest bag they have with more than the usual amt of water and lots of air. Put the bags into a cooler for the ride home. And acclimiate more slowly. You should be fine this way

You'll be fine. We have to drive an hour and a half to the lfs and do not do anything special. The only time we have them bag the fish seperately is when we go to the lfs that is 3 hours from here. Remember that these fish are shipped to the lfs and are in bags for a lot longer than an hour.

Very good advice from joannde; they would probably be fine without special care, but I never thought to ask for more water/larger bag/more air for a trip. Great idea.

when i got my discus. it was a two hour drive the first time and i got them to three bag it cause of the fins might pop the bag and slow leak.
the second time. they were flown from the states at five the evening before and i didnt get them in the tank. until 24 hours after they shipped them. and all are well and fine. they only double bag those ones.
i think you should be alright
if you want you could get a cooler and keep t hem in there to try and keep the temp the same.

Ask the store to put only 2 fish in each bag and to put them in the biggest bag they have with more than the usual amt of water and lots of air. Put the bags into a cooler for the ride home. And acclimiate more slowly. You should be fine this way

Great advice, thanks joannde :)

when we go to the lfs that is 3 hours from here.
i didnt get them in the tank. until 24 hours after they shipped them. and all are well and fine.

lol okay so 60min is not much really, i just wonted to check better safe than sorry or dead, thanks for all the advice and experience from everyone, it really helps :)

I was really worried when I had to drive our German Blue Rams 4 hours home from the not-so-local-fish-store. They all came out perfectly fine. Just keep them out of the sunlight and preferably on something with cushion. A cooler is fine.

So i got my new fish, the place is so good, the qt all the fish 2 weeks before they sell them and he added extra water in a bigger bag with pure oxygen yay im happy

They'll be fine. Fish are shipped all the way across the country with little or no problems. I'm sure they'll survive a one hour car trip.

Well, I drive a Jeep Wrangler and never have the top up - so that's why I recommended all the extra precautions :) The florida sun this time of year is HOT !

Back
Top Bottom