Will this 10g tank be stocked

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Slow-dagger

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have 1 dwarf gourami 2 orange red guppies 1 golden apple snail 3 ghost shrimp and 2 Cory catfish I want to sell my 2 guppies for one more drawf gourami my guppies r both males and they live peace fully in my 10 gallon but will one more DG get along with mine I want another male

image-3022961289.jpg

image-2787789289.jpg

image-2750358137.jpg

image-1223844608.jpg

Attachments

• image-72337933.jpg
    image-72337933.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 64
No
They will kill each other
I would get a twenty gal tank, up your Cory school to six, and add a school of tetras

emerald76 said:
No
They will kill each other
I would get a twenty gal tank, up your Cory school to six, and add a school of tetras
Well my Cory catfish r always together and happy swimming around...but I thought DG were peaceful fish

I've been holding three honey gouramis in a 10 gallon for 3 or 4 weeks while my 150 gal cycles. So far totally peaceful, almost schooling behavior.

Pipedreamer86 said:
I've been holding three honey gouramis in a 10 gallon for 3 or 4 weeks while my 150 gal cycles. So far totally peaceful, almost schooling behavior.

150 gallon tank u must be ballin dang

Once the DGs mature, they can and will kill or seriously maim each other. Honeys are known to be slightly less aggressive also.

emerald76 said:
Once the DGs mature, they can and will kill or seriously maim each other. Honeys are known to be slightly less aggressive also.

What about mines

emerald76 said:

Yeah I agree , they will hurt each other in that size tank. Even though it has been done, it's been done in bigger tanks.

Samzter said:
Yeah I agree , they will hurt each other in that size tank. Even though it has been done, it's been done in bigger tanks.

But can I put 3 or 2 in a 20 gallon

Slow-dagger said:
But can I put 3 or 2 in a 20 gallon

1 per 20 HEAVILY PLANTED AND DECORATED gals, and that is with heavy supervision and lots of target fish. I would do two in no less than 75 gals

emerald76 said:
1 per 20 HEAVILY PLANTED AND DECORATED gals, and that is with heavy supervision and lots of target fish. I would do two in no less than 75 gals
Wow I don't have that much money ill stick with one thanx guys

Back
Top Bottom