Will this do anything ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

twiddlemuffin

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm keeping sponges in my established filters to use for not cycled tanks, could just take the sponge out and put it in a tank that isn't cycled and it'll help ? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389127018.685928.jpg

Yes. That will help get your cycle started in the new tank and will speed things up considerably, but I wouldn't add fish until you know it's established. :)

Yes. That will help get your cycle started in the new tank and will speed things up considerably, but I wouldn't add fish until you know it's established. :)

Thank you that's exactly what I was hoping for. :)

Yes, you can sell/give thoses sponges to people who're cycling.

The best is biomax or crushed bio ceramic crushed... That can almost fully cycle a new tank if you put it on a new tank.

I sold a part of my old filter media to a guy that wanted fish RIGHT NOW at that moment. He didn't tested anything but he was fine.

So I sold him 1/2 of my bio media, and replaced with new one :D... Great deal for me

Remember though, your filter will only hold enough BB that is needed for your stock. If there is not enough 'food', the BB will not grow/survive. That is the idea behind stocking slowly. If you give/sell your bio-media, make sure you keep an eye on your own water quality......

That is literally a sponge? Like for cleaning? You could just use a piece of sponge filter media.

I use sponges too. You can get them cheap at a dollar store!

Sent from my C5170 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I use sponges too. You can get them cheap at a dollar store!

Sent from my C5170 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Exactly ! Why use something that costs like $8 when you can get a whole pack for a dollar ?

Ya sure I'm not saying there is anything wrong. I always have sponge around though. I bought a big block of it like....years ago and I'm still cutting chunks from it when needed.

Back
Top Bottom