Will this pump work?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry. Forgot to attach the photos

Attachments

• image-4180255789.jpg
    image-4180255789.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 63
  • image-3951996378.jpg
    image-3951996378.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 61
It is a pond pump, intended to filter a pond, not a tank. Whether it will work depends on if it has the power to push water back into the tank from the sump. Does it say how far it can lift water anywhere ? Most pumps meant to be used to lift water will say how far they can lift it, be it two feet or five feet, whatever.

It doesn't say how high. I was only looking at it for the pump feature not the filtration aspects.

Chances are it's not meant to lift water and may not be strong enough to do what you need done.

Find one that says it can lift water the height you need it lifted. If you have bought this one already, you can always try it out, see if it will lift water as high as you need it to. If yes, good news. If not, such is life.

I didn't buy it. It was on sale for $25 due to the upcoming season.

What about a submersible well sump pump? I found one that pumps 900 gal/hr at 5 ft which is plenty more than I need but I'm not sure if they are meant to be run for extended periods of time or not.

I really can't say, I'm no pump expert. But I would doubt a sump pump is meant to run continuously. Typically they are only on when water is high.

Why not just get a pump designed for the purpose ? I get you are trying to save money, but it's no saving if you get something that's not really meant to work as you need it to work. If it breaks down as a result, you'd have to buy another one, and there goes any saving you may have hoped for.

Back
Top Bottom