Will this stocking work

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

guppylvr11

Aquarium Advice Activist
Will this stocking work for my 10 gallon?

2x Sparkling gourami
12x Ember tetra
5x Red Cherry Shrimp
3-5x Amano shrimp

Please let me know if it doesn't or if I am starting issues with this.

Not familiar with those gourami, but would lose them and just go with the embers and inverts. Most gourami, except honeys and I believe bigger than 10 gallons is recommended for them also, can be aggressive and require a bigger tank.

Any ideas what I can replace them for? I think they are also called dwarf gouramis

Not familiar with those gourami, but would lose them and just go with the embers and inverts. Most gourami, except honeys and I believe bigger than 10 gallons is recommended for them also, can be aggressive and require a bigger tank.
All gourami, even honeys, need bigger than 10 gallons.

IMHO you tank would be close to fully stocked with embers and inverts. I have 4 endlers, 10 pygmy corys, and 3 mystery snails in mine and am upgrading to a 40b to give more room.

The sparkling gouramis, despite their size (max 1.5", 4 cm), may pose a threat to the RCS.
Embers are a good choice. Or any micro rasboras.

Okay thank you guys. Someone suggested them and I thought it might be too overstocked. I was originally going for ghost shrimp but was advised to stay away because of their predatory nature. Is this true? I had some before and it seemed like everything was okay but I've had 15+ people advise against them.

Regarding ghost shrimp, some can exhibit aggressive behavior, especially with smaller fish. From time to time macrobrachium shrimp show up in ghost shrimp shipments. These are slightly larger and predatory.

Back
Top Bottom