Will this work?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SushiRoll

Aquarium Advice Freak
My friend gave me a glowfish danio so I'm going to be getting her more friends tomorrow but I was wondering if later on I could maybe get 3 corys? Or maybe something else for the bottom. I'm also going to get more plants. Here is a pic of the tank ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1441740035.307396.jpg
It's a 10g and she has some guppy friends in there for now. But right now it almost looks top heavy to me lol thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

I'd get a smaller variety of cory like habrosus or pymaeus for a 10g. You really need 5 or 6 so they feel happy and secure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ok is there anything else I could put in?

Literally any pleco those common at lfc do tend to grow big? But if you step upon bristlenose their are nice to watch especially their appearance and look of their scale, some Java moss which is hardy and don't need care, maybe shrimps or Apple snails they poo some good microorganism for the fishes

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I think plecos need at least 30g and my tank is only a 10g. I also have waaaay too many Apple snails at the moment (80+) and the only shrimp I've seen around me are ghost shrimp and I think they would be hard to see on white sand.
And here's the pictures. I only got two of the guppies and the glowfish is really active even after having the light off for a few minutes (which is why the one guppy is laying on the ground).

Lol forgot to add the pictures
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1441760395.387532.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1441760414.204424.jpg

Are those fish in the first pic??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yes at the top right I think

I think plecos need at least 30g and my tank is only a 10g. I also have waaaay too many Apple snails at the moment (80+) and the only shrimp I've seen around me are ghost shrimp and I think they would be hard to see on white sand.
And here's the pictures. I only got two of the guppies and the glowfish is really active even after having the light off for a few minutes (which is why the one guppy is laying on the ground).

Good call. Plecos are poop machines and don't belong in 10g in my opinion because they make it hard to keep clean and they can get big depending on species.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1441806420.090870.jpg you got few guppies they are livebearers and breed quickly also pretty hardy

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

After adding the danios what will the exact stock be in this tank? I definitely agree with the C. habrosus/pygmaeus suggestion.

I know I have guppies that wasn't the question. The only reason they were in there was to keep the bb alive till I got the danios. So right now I have 6 danios. I saw the dwarf cories and I am in love ? they were sooo cute lol could I get maybe four?

Also here's a picture of the tank
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1441843255.812361.jpg
I love it so much more since I got that other decoration out (I hated it lol) I replaced it with anubias and a melon sword. Does it look too open? I was thinking it would be good since danios are so active.

Just helps to know what your current stock is in order to make the best suggestions.

The little cories are awesome! You could easily do 6 in that tank, no problem.

Yeah I saw how tiny they were I actually thought they were fry before the employee told me what they were! Also I'm just gonna brag for a minute lol the petco near is so awesome. The workers are pretty well educated in the fish region and I found this out a few weeks ago but petco partnered with live aquaria!! They don't even have a list of fish on their website just a link to live aquaria. So I'm really happy now lol

Be careful with a 10 gallon tank. I would suggest under stocking for a while until you make sure your tank and filter can manage what you already have.

Yeah I was going to wait for two weeks maybe three. I'm going on vacation for a little while so I just got the little glowfish some friends.

Back
Top Bottom