Will thus stress my guppy out?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Banana mouse

Aquarium Advice Freak
image-2389672876.jpg

image-1158149700.jpg

image-3853402243.jpg

I have a pregnant guppy in a breeding net and when I feed here all the pearl dannios and tiger barbs try and eat the left overs, will this stress her out?
When I first put her in there she lost all her colors but now she has got them back so that's a good sign but will this stress her and cause her to hold the fry longer?
(btw she is staying in the net for obvious reasons before, during and after her pregnancy)

Can you feed the danios and them outside of the net the same time you feed her inside? That should keep them distracted.

Yeah I do that I feed them at the same time but the guppy eats so slowly for some reason. I can't see the guppy getting distressed at all.
After 10 minuets if there's any food left I'll remove it along with her poop with a air pump tube.

Hm.. As long as they're not smacking into her while they try to get the food, it shouldn't be an issue. She'll drop her fry when she's ready. It may make her nervous, but probably not any major stress.

Okay that good thank you.
I just want to make a point I'm not putting her into the tank with the danios and barbs when she has dropped the fry I will wait a week then release her into a tank that it much more peaceful.

Back
Top Bottom