Will Tiger Barbs Work?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquarium Freak

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 40g tank with 1 angel and will be getting another on soon with 1 ram, and 4 cories. If I got a school of tiger barbs do you think they would nip my angels fins if I had like 4 or 5 or would I have to get like 10? Do you think it would be o.k. to have these fish in the tank?
2 Angels
4 Cories
1 Ram
and however many tiger barbs?

Any info will help
Thanks

hey,

well iknow thAt the othere fish will be finr but not the tiger barbs becuase they will nip the angels fins and make it miserable for them. I had the same experience with tiger barbs and angels, and the barbs were terrorizing the angels so i had to give them to my uncle. why not try a school of tetras instead!

well like i said get a school of tetras like rummynoses,serpea, black skirts maybe cardinals but the angels might eat the cardinals but the others swim together and will be fine with your other fish

I would suggest serpae tetra's. I got a school of 8 and i love the little guys. As long as they are kept in schools they won't mess with any other fish, and in my experience are very very peaceful adn big enough that full grown angels can't eat them.

How about dwarf neon rainbows (Praecox rainbows)? If you have a lfs that has them cheap they are really nice. One lfs here has them for $8 a piece while another has them for just $3. Other small rainbows would be cool too.

i would agree with ashly nichole on the serpea tetras becuase the rummynoses (which i plan on getting!)are sensitive to water quality and the serpea tetras will bring more color to your tank

A word of caution Aquarium Freak. If your angel is an adult and has been the only angel in the tank for a while, it probably won't accept another angel. Even though they are considered peaceful for cichlids they get very aggressive with their own kind.

Back
Top Bottom