Will trumpet snails try to escape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zonatedsumo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys I have a glass lid tank with two slots cut out for the filter in and out pipes there is a gap that on both sides of the lid that snails will have no problem getting through hell a bus could get through, do trumpets snails try to escape?

Hi guys I have a glass lid tank with two slots cut out for the filter in and out pipes there is a gap that on both sides of the lid that snails will have no problem getting through hell a bus could get through, do trumpets snails try to escape?

Mine haven't tried to escape and I have openings they can fit through, so I don't think it will be a problem for you:)

Thanks for that don't think the mrs would like to find them in the lounge lol

Planning to keep cardinal, rams, zebras and corys that will be my lot as I don't want to overstock

Planning to keep cardinal, rams, zebras and corys that will be my lot as I don't want to overstock

The colors will look really good in your tank. Post pics when you have got it finished would love to see. Your set up is really cool!

Thanks, only recently set up so will be a while before fish are added. Will def post pics. In the photo show water level low but had to fill and cover inlet pipe as the glass lid was allowing condensation to drip town the sides of the tank ? any ideas for some sort of sealant that won't prevent we from removing the glass lid.

Just something to think about... it looks like you planted your stem plants in bundles. Stem plants should be planted one stem at a time with it's leaves almost touching the leaves of the stem plants around them. This will allow for light and water circulation to get to the lower leaves/stem. This will also fill your tank out better and you won't have the leaning outward tops with all the stems being crammed in together. If left like this you will have issues such as lower leaf loss and perhaps some stem rotting.

Thanks rivercat, I will look at moving them next week as I am away over the week end and work long days

When u mean individual you mean removing them from there tie? As the is five bunches of each plans there

Back
Top Bottom