Williams various updates.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

William

Aquarium Advice Addict
I know theres been alot of posting by me recently, So to cut down on it I created this thread to update everyone on everything thats taken place.

The Betta is now eating, I guess he was just unsettled with his new home but I just saw him inhale a giant chunk of flake food and gobble it down.

The Bala Shark with the broken dorsal fin bone has healed, it has healed perfectly and he continues to romp around, Currently so fricken big he eats 1inch ghost shrimp in one bite, gobbles down whole cubes of hikari tubifex in one bite, and snarls down entire [ not broken ] shrimp pellets in one gulp.

The terrible ammonia spike I had in the main tank is down to 0,0,0.

The ich in my main tank is being beaten back and treated with high heat, only another week to go and my tank will be ich free forever.

The columnaris in the family 10gal did not spread to any other fish thanks to the help of people here in telling me to get Tetracycline and use it.

My Albino Pl*co and my CAE are still getting along just fine, the CAE and Pl*co were just eating off the same algae wafer this morning.

My stinky tank dosn't stink anymore

My cloudy tank isn't cloudy anymore [ crystal clear! ]

So far the 9molly fry I have are doing great, altho I have to get them a tank soon. [ Feeding crushed.pulverized flake food, I don't see them eat it but it does disappear so Ican only assume ]

Thats all I can think of for now ^^;

Yes you are quite prolific william. Glad to hear your getting under control sounds like alot of problems. refresh my memory were you affected by a power outage after the hurrican.

Hi William,
I'm glad everything is back on track for you! and hopefully your tanks will be ich-free and columnaris-free forever!!

All hell has broken loose!

My 29gal tank is crashing, Not because of params, but because of the fish themselves!

a cocky crab has killed my frog.

the larger bala shark has seriously injured the smaller.

a baby Sailfin Molly has seriously injured a Balloon.

Its like a backyard wrestling brawl in my tank! :bawl:

soon as my params stablize my fish go genocidal on each other!? :bawl:

I'm not particularily surprised about the bala sharks.. When they don't have a full shoal of 6 or more, I've read they have a major tendancy to have dominance fighting. WIth such a small tank and one shark being larger, it might have been unavoidable.

Can't say anything about the mollies though.

Back
Top Bottom