Wish me luck !!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Update : Ammonia back to 1ppm today. I have a feeling my entire biofilter is dead. I'm showing 0 nitrites and 5ppm nitrates. With no nitrites I have to wonder if the nitrite converting bacteria have been starved (its been 3 days with just a trace).
I'm doing another 50% pwc.
Tomorrow I'm buying Bio-Spira. My fish all have red gills and it hurts ME as much as it much hurt them.

Ammonia is back to 1ppm. Did a 70% water change this time as I'm going to buy some Bio-Spira in another hour or so.

I know I should have waited some more, but I've had 3 guppies in QT for a week and I put them into the tank yesterday; I figure since I'm adding the Bio-Spira it was probably safe to increase the bio-load now. The guppies look VERY happy to be out of the cramped QT.

I guess this is becoming a livebearer tank ! But all the guppies are male, so at least I won't be overrun with fry

EDIT: I'm an ADDICT !!! I need to get those 2 20 gallon tanks set up to help with my addiction. Just came back from the store with 3 more male guppies (almost the moasic's that I love - close enough, anyway) and two panda cories for my loney little guy in the 29G. They're being acclimated to the QT tank as I type. I sure do hope those antibotics worked, that the newly added plants will increase my sucess, and that I got a good batch of Bio-Spira !

I added Bio-Spira on Wednesday at 3pm. Ammonia rose to 1ppm again yesterday - I put in additional Prime yesterday to neutralize it since I didn't want to do a water change and dump the Bio-Spira. Today I'm finally seeing a little drop in the ammonia (down to .75 or so) and a trace of nitrites.

I have three mosaic guppies and 2 panda cories in QT right now. I can't wait for my one remaining panda to finally have some friends again.

Back
Top Bottom