With fish can you put with tiger barbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reggi

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Reggi

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1391456461461.jpg
    1391456461461.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 65
Hi most tetras would be suitable,but a little more information would help - like size of tank how long been set up and most importantly how many tigers:fish1: I have Columbian tetras and they would be fine as mine are quite feisty{amongst themselves} and are usually first to the food:lol:

I have three of the tiger bards in the fluval chi tank is 19l tank

Hi a group of six would be better but that is quite a small tank for tiger barbs,some other tetras may have been a better choice,such as ember tetras as they are quite small and peaceful. I am guessing at a push you could add three more tiger barbs,but not ideal long term.

I now the fish tank is not big for loss of fish . I thinking of 2 more fish but in the tank I hope that it okay

What is when I put 2 more tiger bards in what that's okay

That's really not the best idea, tiger barbs are very active, they prefer tanks larger than 30 gal. And groups of no less than 5/6. You should maybe look into a couple smaller fish..

I ford the tiger bards are nippy to different types of fish and which type of small fish you can put together

Hi as you have now found out tiger barbs are very nice fish but generally for a bigger tank. There are loads of new fish on the market for smaller tanks, ember tetras, are the only one's I have kept so cannot comment on the other species,just ask on here and I am sure you will get a nice long list of fish perfect for your size set up:) Also you could keep shrimps aswell so they add loads of movement and really help keep the aquarium clean:)

Okay i like that thanks for your help:)

Back
Top Bottom