Wolf fish or red wolf fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

POLARBEAR0871

Aquarium Advice Addict
I would love to get information from people that are experienced with wolf fish or red wolf fish. I find them very interesting predators. Any help will be appreciated.

Well the wolf fish grow to be over 2 foot long I would say a 6' long tank would be the absolute minimum which is putting you at 125g

Im also pretty sure your 55g isnt suitable. Your looking for fish still that aren't suitable for your tank. Why not a nice community of cichlids?

Agreed. Just go with saltwater and get a jeweled moray eel. It's a nasty mean eel that is known to attack aquarists.

Ok well can I use a normal filter for such a big tank I only have one filter and a bubbler would I need live rock for any reason

And cichlids are dumb I hate those fish

Last edited by a moderator:
Anything else going with this fish?

Seems like a cool fish. I had a predatory fish kick back in my day too. Sadly I have no personal experience with this fish so I won't be too much help.

Ok well can I use a normal filter for such a big tank I only have one filter and a bubbler would I need live rock for any reason

Depends on how powerful of a filter you have and yes you would need rock but you can buy dry rock.

According to this website they get a max. Of 8 inches and need a 108 liter tank which converts to 28 U.S. gallons for minimum tank size here is the website

Erythrinus erythrinus (Red Wolf Fish) — Seriously Fish

Thats the red wolf fish yes, and look at the tank foot print. It's telling you that you need a 48"x12" footprint which is a 55g minimum unless you have a custom sized tank

Well then i can get a red wolf fish I don't have the time to make another salt water tank or the money even. Red wolf fish are cool and apparently I have the right requirements to keep one.

Ok then please tell me a good species of cichlid that isn't found in the mixed tank at stores like I do like discus fish they're very beautiful. But I want an ugly looking predator.

Ok then please tell me a good species of cichlid that isn't found in the mixed tank at stores like I do like discus fish they're very beautiful. But I want an ugly looking predator.

If you are sticking with a predatory fish, be prepared to do your share of water changes to keep things in check. I won't go into live food because that was discussed in another thread.

Back
Top Bottom