wondering about some fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mommytron

Aquarium Advice Addict
i just came across a list of nano fish. i don't know much about any of them, and have never really seen them before. but i found some very cool looking ones, and am thinking about getting some for our 10 gallon "tacky" tank (just discovered today that it will not be suitable for a betta :( this is the tank i am interested in stocking with nano fish-- http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f15/tank-3-10-gallon-tacky-tank-d-131367-2.html )

anyway, this is the list of fish i am interested in. if anyone has any info or experience or any knowledge at all of any of them, let me know!

Microdevario nanus

Horadandia atukorali - Platiunum barb
Danio erythromicron - Zebra rasbora
Boraras merah - Phoenix rasbora
Boraras uropthalmoides - Sparrow rasbora
Boraras brigittae - Chili rasbora
Boraras maculatus - Spotted rasbora

hmmm i have no idea but i'm about to do some research myself! I have heard of the last two before but I do not know anything about them. If I find any useful links I will let you know.

Edit: I just found the most gorgeous fishy ever :( Sparkle eye white cloud! Wow I love it. No info on this page but some interesting choices http://www.franksaquarium.com/nanofish.htm

I guess for a "tacky" tank, the sparkle eyed white cloud might work, but personally, it doesn't look natural ><. And the male version from that site looks almost like a tetra, and I wouldn't think there would be that much sexual dimorphism between the two sexes?

Anyways, just wanted to point out there's the badis in there! :D

hmmm i have no idea but i'm about to do some research myself! I have heard of the last two before but I do not know anything about them. If I find any useful links I will let you know.

Edit: I just found the most gorgeous fishy ever :( Sparkle eye white cloud! Wow I love it. No info on this page but some interesting choices Nano-Fish

lol this is the exact site i found the fish on. :D my favorites were the platinum barb, sparrow rasbora, and chili rasbora

i don't want badis, krap101, i think there are prettier fish and i've heard too many things about them being difficult.

Just saying I found them on the site :p Kind of as an aside not as a suggestion ><

because they need decorations like silk plants that won't harm their fins. our decorations are plastic and pokey :D so a betta would not be safe :(

I've been keeping Bettas for over 20 years and have never had one injure itself on even the worst plastic junk plants or other questionable decor. And I used to make the worst mistakes ever!

well to be honest i kinda like these nano fish better! it all depends on what we can find/afford though

I have kept Boraras merah. Nothing special about keeping them really, except just make sure you have small enough food for them. They are tiny and mine wouldn't eat flakes, but they ate NLS small fish formula pellets. I even crushed them up sometimes. Profiles will say they prefer acidic conditions, but mine were in a pH of around 7.4ish and were fine. I'm going to be adding more to the family since I lost a couple over the months I had them...I don't think they ate enough.

I would think that the other Boraras species would be similar.

Back
Top Bottom