Workspace Betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

8taktaktak8

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My office has recently decided that we want to add a Betta to our work family. At first, everyone was excited about a vase/plant/betta combo, but thankfully were happy to listen when I said that was a terrible way to house a fish.

What is the smallest tank that would be comfortable for a betta (is a 5 gallon too small?) and is there anyway to still incorporate a plant? I can't think of anything that wouldn't be a planted tank.

Any other advice for taking care of a betta? I've only ever had one betta and it was before I learned everything I have about my fish babies.

2.5 would be a Betta minimum.

One of those tiny Fluval Spec's would go nicely in an office.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Like ccxgt said, 2.5 are the absolute minimum, but the betta would be much more comfortable in a 5 gallon or up. Bettas are my absolute favorite fish- they're relatively easy to care for and are very smart and interactive. Feed him/her the normal betta pellets. Some people fast their betta once a week to avoid constipation- you may want to consider that. Good luck, and keep us updated!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom