Worm?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

d9hp

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am staring at a worm in my planted fish tank. I dont know the length since it is not coming all the way out. I can only see some of it. It is brown and smooth. Good or bad?

If you can see it and its out during the day, then its probably not an immediate threat. Parasidic worms would normally not be seen on the gravel or glass of the aquarium. What color is it? There are commercial worm traps you can buy. Also, once you have figured out what type of worm it is, you can fast your fish for like 3 days and they should get hungry and just eat it.

ConanTheLibraian said:
Also, once you have figured out what type of worm it is, you can fast your fish for like 3 days and they should get hungry and just eat it.
Sounds like a solution!! LOL! :lol:

I would look into that a bit further Dustin, many parisites enter the body thourgh the mouth that just may be the right home for your worm but not for your fish.

Do you have Encarta Encyclopedia on your system? check parasites in there lots of info.

Good luck.
Chris.

Back
Top Bottom