Worm identification

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vladka

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just moved from a 60 gallon to a 90 gallon dirt and the process took 3 days (60 started leaking) so there was deffinetly some unfiltered water left in the 60, both the 10 gallon tubs the fish were in had sponge filters, and the canister filters did not get turned on all 3 days. So I find this worm in the substrate from the 60. Is it a tubifex / sludge worm or should I be concerned about parasites? Anything I should do? This worm has been removed.
IMG_3437.jpgIMG_3439.jpg

Cool. So which one would more likely be in my tank? I don’t know how they got there, but I did move some plants from my 29 heavily planted to the previous 60 so maybe it hid in the stratum there? Do I likely have more of whatever this is? It moves by compressing and stretching .

Blackworms not eaten by the fish will hide in the substrate. Bottom feeders will usually hunt these down.

I’ve never fed them black worms so wondering how they would have gotten in there.

Back
Top Bottom