Worms...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

russianaquarium

Aquarium Advice Freak
So i recently cleaned my aquarium (30 gallon long) and after i got the desired amount of water out i went to pick up the bucket to dump the water out and moving worms caught my attention that where in the bucket full of old water.they are like about 1 cm long they seem either white or clear in color and are very skinny, i read that there are worms that like stick to fish but its been 2 weeks and no worms are on the fish. They seem to be in the substrate because i didn't see any swimming around but second time i cleaned my aquarium i still found worms in the bucket, what are these worms? Are they harmful in anyway to the fish, or plants? And how do i get rid of them. Thanks and sorry for the long post!

It's probably planaria. It's a good worm won't hurt anything Fish will eat them. should not be a problem.

Sounds like you have a good cleaning schedule. Nematodes / planaria usually come with plants fish snails I believe personally that most every aquarium has them. Sometimes you just don't notice until they bloom. Then sometimes you just don't notice them cuz your fish eat them or they filter out or they disappear in the substrate. Google and see what they say. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom