worms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scarah

Aquarium Advice Newbie
About two weeks ago, I noticed some white worms that hang out mostly above the water level on the glass that are around 1-1.5 cm in length. I took a couple into work to look at them in a microscope and they are definitely not flatworms (they are round, but I couldn't identify them). I stopped feeding my fish and did a thorough water change including vacuuming the gravel. I took out the filters and added Parasite Clear. I have since repeated this twice more (water change and more parasite clear), but the worms remain.

They are leaving my fish alone, but I don't want them in the tank. I have only fed my fish lightly three times in the past two weeks. What else can I do to get rid of these?? Are they infectious to humans and/or other animals?? I have been bleaching everything after the water changes just in case.

I have a 55 gallon with two fancy goldfish, two paradise (had a hydra problem about a year ago) and a pleco.

I had these guys too. They disappeared on their own when I fed very, very lightly and raised the temp to about 80. Well, that and perhaps the fry got hungry and turned on them.

Back
Top Bottom