Worms in substrate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trioracles

Aquarium Advice Activist
When I was looking at my tank I noticed some thin stringy things in my substrate. At first I thought they were roots from my tiger lotus, but some started to move. R they worms or something? They are REALLY thin, whitish. They're in my substrate. Ii have ecocomplete substrate, might those worms come from that substrate?

When I was looking at my tank I noticed some thin stringy things in my substrate. At first I thought they were roots from my tiger lotus, but some started to move. R they worms or something? They are REALLY thin, whitish. They're in my substrate. Ii have ecocomplete substrate, might those worms come from that substrate?

I dont have a FW tank ATM but i remember having some in my 20, any pics? Most worms just airate the substrate.

Have you ever fed your fish live food? I find that if I feed my fish live blackworms a decent percentage will manage to make it down into the substrate and start a colony there. It's pretty beneficial, as they not only help aerate but also serve as a continuing live food supplement.

Look up planaria in google. I have them in my 10g nurseries and snail grow-outs. They are harmless, but if you don't like them, feed less

Yep. They come from overfeeding. I had some when I was overfeeding. Can't see any now.

Planaria are usually shorter and thicker. They also aren't as substrate prone. It sounds to me like either a blackworm that got loose, or detritus worms.

Back
Top Bottom