Worms with my shrimp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheCommunityCichlid

Aquarium Advice Addict
I noticed some worm type creatures in my red cherry shrimp tank. At first I thought they were baby shrimp but after some research I found they are not and they might be parasitic. How do I treat the tank? Anyone know what they are? I can't get a picture but they look similar to my vinegar eels only larger. Also there's little things crawling on the glass. Just little specs crawling are these baby shrimp? Like I said none of this is going on in any other tank.

After doing some more research I am confident they are nematodes and either planaria or Copepods on the glass which aren't bad. It's caused by over feeding which I'm probably guilty of. It's my first time with shrimp lol. Can anyone confirm this info?

After doing some more research I am confident they are nematodes and either planaria or Copepods on the glass which aren't bad. It's caused by over feeding which I'm probably guilty of. It's my first time with shrimp lol. Can anyone confirm this info?

The little things on the glass-are they whitish like super small grains of rice? Then yes planaria. Im not sure of the others because ive never experienced them

More than likely. I've had them pop up in a shrimp tank as well. You won't see them in tanks with fish really, because fish love to eat them, but shrimp don't mess with them so they can really populate a shrimp tank.

More than likely. I've had them pop up in a shrimp tank as well. You won't see them in tanks with fish really, because fish love to eat them, but shrimp don't mess with them so they can really populate a shrimp tank.

I've observed little white colored worms weaving through the substrate (shrimp sand) and on the glass of our shrimp tank too... I wasn't going to worry about it for the time being and just observe.

Back
Top Bottom