Would this work guys?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just the aged water itself won't be good enough for an instant cycle.
Clown loaches get too big, they should have a 50 gal minimum. Angels should be ok in a 29 gal but would obviously prefer a larger tank. Yellow labs should also have 50 gal minimum. Convicts would be ok by themselves in there. The tetras and betta would be fine.

I did not realize from your post that you were looking for stocking options in your 29 gal. You need to specify when you are talking about two different tanks (10 and 29 gal). But, the answers from my post still stand even though you were talkinga bout your 29 gal tank. The fish that you listed (with the exception of the Tetra's and betta) need larger tank sizes than what you have. The convicts would be pushing it if you took back your current stock. Like someone said before (I believe Severum), the Angels and Betta would not be a good combination.

well yea i know that the angel and the betta will not go together cause bettas are fighters and angels are cichlids

i just dont know why bettas hate long fins!!!

it just(to me) doesnt make sense

It seems like bettas view other long finned fish, like guppies, as other bettas or something, and they are so aggressive toward them! :roll:

thats just wierd but anyways i have one more question!

When i have my sisters 10 gallon filter can i use that in my tank(along with my 30 gallon filter) and let that grow really scummy and let bacteria grow on that will and fill her tank up with my water from the PWC will her tank be fully cycled right away? and if i have that brand new filter running in my tank will it recycle mt tank?

It will not recycle your tank. The pads will just start accumulating bacteria. If you do it just as you said, you should have an instant cycle. You will have a little mini-cycle when you add fish, but nothing to worry about.

yes, but will my fish tank get ruined or will it go through a mini cycle and with my tank if it goes through the mini cycle will it kill all my fishies?

and i dont understand why MY tank would go through a mini cycle cause i already have a bio bag with all the bacteria on it and all the nitrifying bacteria is pasted on the rocks and the only way you can get rid of the bacteria on the rocks is if i scrape each and every rock so i really dont think it will go thru a mini cycle

You will have a mini-cycle in the 10 gal tank. Not your 29. And again, it may not be much of one. It just depends on how long you keep the pads in your tank before transferring them to the 10 gal. You're fish won't die because they go through a mini-cycle unless you neglect them. ie- not keeping up with parameters, not doing water changes, etc. And, you can get rid of most of the bacteria in rocks without "scraping each and every rock". When doing gravel vacs excessively, you are pulling out a lot of benificial bacteria.

thats not true i asked my LFS about that and he said that the beneficial bacteria will be on the rocks unless you scrape each and every one, gravel vacs wont get rid of that bacteria and i dont do mine excessivly only 1 a week i do it on Fridays, 20-25% PWC dump the water outside in the garden and viola its done

From my experiences, the only time I went through mini-cycles was when I did a REALLY good gravel vac. Well, that and the time that I changed all the cartidges in the filter at once (stupid move).

LOL sorry, hope i didnt come off rude at that last statement

\
but anyways when i get that new filter how many weeks would it take to collect that bacteria????

To be safe, I'd give it at least 4 weeks. BUT, you can always check it by just pulling out the filter pad and looking at it to see if it's begun to build up gunk.

If it were my tank, and I may be too cautious, but I would wait until the entire pad gets filled up with gunk. For instance, if it has the white pad, I would let the entire thing discolor first. If it has the black flossy thingy, I would wait until it has built up over 80% of the pad. But that's just me. I may be being too cautious.

lol well its always good to be caustious

and i am gonna let it get almost as dark as mine so that she will have an instant cycle

she wants hot pink substrate tho i told her it would put her fish into show, but thats what she wants

Back
Top Bottom