WOW! ive never seen the develemental stage of frogs so close

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

krap101

Aquarium Advice Addict
before.

today i looked in my tanks and the bigger ones who had some stubs for feet now have almost full feet and their face is looking more like a frog than a dark blue/black dot with a tail.

im excited to see if they'll become frogs soon

no they came with the fish i brought home from the creek. im planning on lettting them in my pond. they do come back and lay eggs there every year right?

well... the creek was around... 10 mins frmo my house averaging 40 mph. so thats around 8 mi i think. i have a creek running by my house but i think its been cut off by construtction. only other option is my neighbors crap pond with hair algae and leaves that hasnt moved in like 3 years.

I had an outdoor pond several years ago and I put locally caught tadpoles in it. I didn't get to watch the development once they were there, but I had kept the tadpoles in my classroom for a while and my students and I enjoyed seeing part of the process. (Something I will definately do with my kids! It is amazing!). Anyway, the frogs hung out at our pond all summer and we saw them again the next year (we moved that year so I don't know what happened to them from that point). We didn't have anywhere close to the number of frogs as we did tadpoles, but I think that we found three frogs hanging out. No tadpoles the next year however.

Good luck with the frogs!
Kimberly

well if i do that ill lose too much water i think... and i dont have enough clay to maybe a natural bottom one.

about the bentonite? what happens if you put it through like dirt and not clay? will it make it watertight still or just like seep through?

Keep them. Last year in May my daughter (2.5 years old) just had to have some tadpoles from her Grandfathers swimming pool before they treated it. We brought home about a dozen. A few didn't make it to froglets but eight did. Slowly they were culled out until the final guy or gal. This frog has been going strong ever since. It was the biggest tadpole. The biggest froglet, etc... he eats his dozen crickets a week and hides back in the plants unless it is too cold then he dozes his way down into the mulch in the base of the aquarium. I just keep him a room positioned near a window to keep the tank warm. I just soak the bark every couple weeks and keep it nice and humid.

I kept it simple. I just layered the base of the aquarium with reptile bark and used a few artifical plants, have added some spider plant also. and added a shallow dish for water.

well... today i looked in the tank and i saw some almost fully developed frogs sitting on a piece of floating zuccini. lol. it kinda freaked me out.

Back
Top Bottom