Wow my fish just LOVE dried bloodworms.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrhelton

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have given them flakes and freeze dried brine shrimp. I just picked up some Omega One dried bloodworms yesterday and every single fish in my tank goes crazy for them. I should have picked them up a while ago!

I have
8 Zebra Danio
1 GloFish
1 Common Pleco (he's going to a bigger tank soon)
3 Black Skirt Tetras
3 Bloodfin Tetras
2 Dalmatian Mollys
1 Bosemani Rainbow

Got any suggestions on other food to try, or maybe better brands to use?

This is what I'm feeding them now. I tried the reptile food once (it's just small shrimp) but they all just spit it out)

food.jpg

The best food to feed them is New Life Spectrum Thera +A, This can be feed to them 6 days a week, then I feed live brine shrimp once a week.

Most fish dig those bloodworms :) Just be sure to use them more as a treat, because prolonged feeding of freeze dried food can cause bloat.
I used to feed a mixture of Omega One and Hikari brand food, but I recently picked up some NLS and I think I've been converted. My female krib has never shown brighter colors before! So now I'm feeding NLS to the majority of my fish, but large hikari pellets to my big catfish. I also feed frozen bloodworms about once a week. Seems to be a good combination so far!

Thanks for the suggestions. I've never heard of NLS, but I think I'm gonna go ahead and order some as it looks very promising!

Back
Top Bottom