Wow this has been a bad week!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

a.tetreault

Aquarium Advice Freak
First off I lost my bumblebee cichlid due to what seems to be just stress, found my snail stuck to my intake tube on my filter (lucky no damage) then there was a power outage last night, and I lost what seems to be four neons out of the seven I had. I can only see three in the tank right now, my snail was eating a body that I just pulled out, and I'm assuming he ate the other ones that I can't find, is that even possible? There's three missing bodies, could he have eaten them all in less then 24 hours!? One neon right now is lurking near the top of the waters and not eating so I'm not expecting him to get through the night but we will see, the other two seem healthy but are bloated from me overfeeding for seven neons instead of only 3. ugh sorry for the long post, just thought I would vent on the forum! :(

Also, just to clear things up if anyone didn't understand I lost heat and filtration last night which is why I'm assuming my neons didn't make it, since they are sensitive, and the temperature probably dropped quite a bit since my ten gallon is in my basement which is normally only 65 degrees. My mbuna tank is also in my basement but as they are hardier fish I don't think there was damage done.

Yes I have :( I only had the neons for 2 days, which probably made them extra sensitive due to the stress of moving. At least the snail is eating well :(

Back
Top Bottom